All activities that are funded by the European Union, are subject to the strictest ethical standards.
All proposals that the Commission wishes to fund have to undergo an Ethical Appraisal or even Review.
The problem is that most proposals are written by researchers that are unaware of the full Ethical issues with their research and they do not complete the Ethical parts of the proposal adequately. This leads to extremely strict Ethical restrictions and documentation that the Project has to deal with.
This Helpdesk Workshop focuses on the Horizon 2020 and new Horizon Europe Ethical Rules and Regulations.
4 February 2020
The Holiday Inn Vienna City Hotel.
The workshop is targeted at Ethical Staff including Data Protection Officers, Researchers and Administrators.
To ensure the attendees have the tools required to correctly write the Ethics sections in their proposals and successfully manage Ethical issues in running projects and deal with any Ethical Reviews that arise.
The Workshops will include specially prepared materials including: presentations, exercises and workbooks with illustrated examples.
This Workshop is interactive and will be implemented through:
- Explaining and interpreting current written published material,
- Case Studies and examples,
- Discussion of problems and situations from the participants.
Workshop topics include:
Ethics in the Framework Program
· Ethical Principles
· Ethical H2020 Topics
· Areas Excluded from Funding
Ethics Topics / sectors
· Ethical Regulations
· Sectorial Issues
· Humans; Animals; Environmental; Data Protection; Informed Consent; Duel Use; Gender Issues; Third Countries; Misuse of research results; Refugees, asylum seekers & migrants etc.
Proposal Writing Ethics Process
· Ethics monitoring
· Ethical Manager
· Ethics Task vs Ethics Workpackage
· Online Form Self Assesment Ethics Table
· Part B Section 5
· Additional information for Clinical Trials
Proposal Evaluations Ethics Process
· Ethical Screening Report / requirements
· Ethical Review / requirements
· Additional information
· Grant Agreement Preparations
· Ethical inclusions in DoA
Running Project Ethics Monitoring
· Kick off meeting
· Ethical Project Instructions
· Ethics committee
· Regulatory approval
· Ethical Reporting
· Project Reviews
To register, please download the registration form and send completed form by Email here, or fax to: +97289327362