The Commission have received feedback from the H2020 Audits and in response have published a document, dated 14.10.19, about how to avoid errors when claiming costs in H2020 grants.
The most common errors made by audited beneficiaries are as follows:
- incorrect calculation of productive hours
- ineligible remuneration costs for the calculation of the hourly rates for both actual costs and for average personnel costs
- incorrect time claimed.
Subcontracting and other direct costs
- costs without valid supporting documents.
- costs not foreseen in the grant agreement or agreed by EU services.
Other direct costs
- errors in equipment costs due to no direct measurement of the costs
- lack of adequate supporting documents for other goods and services
- travel costs not related to the action or missing supporting documents
To download the full document please click here.