The Finance Helpdesk will be holding an ERC Workshop on 22 June 2011, in Brussels, Belgium.
The ERC has developed and launched two ‘core’ schemes in FP7. The ERC Starting Grant and ERC Advanced Grant allow individual researchers to propose research projects from all areas of scientific and technological research of interest to the EU. Project proposals are evaluated on the sole criterion of excellence and can include high risk, interdisciplinary projects. There are no restrictions on the nationality of the principal investigators to be funded, but they must carry out their research within the European Union and associated countries.
Workshop Topics include:
· Overview of ERC Starting Grant, ERC Advanced Grant
· Rules for participation (Individual Teams, Co-investigators, eligible hosts)
· A Forms
· Key points in Proposal Writing
· Grant Agreement Annexes
· Evaluation Criteria (two-step)
· Subcontractors, Third Parties
· ERC Financial Guidelines
· Eligible & Ineligible costs (Personnel costs, equipment, consumables, travel, conferences, management, overheads etc)
· Pre-financing (including Interest on Pre-financing)
· Bookkeeping, Accounting Records, Timesheets, Cost Recording
· Project Reporting (financial and scientific reporting, Form Cs)
· What does the auditor look for?
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first register – first serve basis.
Cost to attend is 595€ and includes Workshop handouts, coffees and lunch.
To register, please download the registration form and send completed form by Email here, or fax to: +972 89327362